Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Variety of Spiritual Food

God really does feed us at the proper time, doesn't He? Take for example something that people overlook as spiritual food. Most, when they hear the words "spiritual food" they immediately think of publications or large assemblies. Yet there is something else that constitutes spiritual food. What is that?

Talks! Meetings!

I've been downloading District Overseer talks, Circuit Overseer talks, Public Talks, etc. I listen to these on my IPOD while I'm working or walking or taking the dogs out! I don't even listen to the 1,000+ songs that I have on there. Just the talks. And why do I listen to the talks? Because I listened to all the dramas! I've got the entire Bible, books, brochures, dramas, magazines, and more! It is all very encouraging. I feel so renewed spiritually!

"That is why I shall thank you, O Jehovah, among the nations. And to your name I shall make melody!" (2 Samuel 22:50) Jehovah has heard my prayers and helped me to grow again in "the love [I] had at first." (Revelation 2:4) He has his Organization on earth and takes care of me--and all of us--through His "faithful and discreet slave."-Matthew 24:45

Not just that, but Jehovah also throws Scriptures out at you to help you. One Scripture that really stuck out recently to me is Zephaniah 3:14-17:
"Joyfully cry out, O daughter of Zion! Break out in cheers, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! Jehovah has removed the judgments upon you. He has turned away your enemy. The king of Israel, Jehovah, is in the midst of you. You will fear calamity no more. In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: 'Do not be afraid, O Zion. May your hands not drop down. Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries.'"


For us, this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. Sure, it had a previous fulfillment when the Jews were returned home after their exile to Babylon. But, as with many prophecies, they have a double fulfillment. This will find it's ultimate fulfillment after the attack on God's people by Gog of Magog. Remember, brothers and sisters, things will get bad at that time for Jehovah's Christian Witnesses but "Jehovah [will prove to be with us] like a terrible mighty one!"-Jeremiah 20:11