Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Great Tribulation, Pt. 1

I had a very interesting dream last night about the Great Tribulation. Yes, yes, I know that I said I was going to focus on Jesus over the next few days and/or weeks, but this was just too, what, eerie? not to share. I warn you, though, I have very, very vivid and detailed dreams. This is no exception. In fact, as an author, I find much of my inspiration from my detailed dreams.

-------------------------

It started out with my wife yelling at me to come up front. I ran to see what she wanted but all she could do was look at the television. This irritated me a little in the dream but I finally hear the ominous words that had made her scream--the United Nations, backed by the United States, United Kingdom, France, China, and Russia, had unanimously passed a bill banning all forms of religion!

Within minutes of this startling turn of events, my phone rang. It was the Coordinator of the Body of Elders, asking for all the Elders and Ministerial Servants to meet at his house, seeing as the Kingdom Hall had been cordoned off.

After arriving at his house, (I rode with my grandfather who lives very close) we were each handed a video entitled, Then There Will Be Great Tribulation based off of Jesus' words at Matthew 24:21-22, and a book entitled, The War of the Great Day of God the Almighty based off of Revelation 16:14. We were given specific instructions not to open the book until we had watched the video after arriving home.

Well, this was interrupted by a knock at the door. When the Coordinator of the Body of Elders opened the door, three policemen came walking in. First they told him that some neighbors called the police because a Jehovah's Witness neighbor had about ten cars pull up within a ten minute period. Then they pushed the C.B.E. and handcuffed him, while the rest of us scattered, video and book in hand.

I, along with five other younger brothers, ran out the back to jump the fence. Brother Marcus, Brother Terry, Brother Matt, Brother Chris, and myself jumped the fence. Brother S.B. was about to get over the fence when a police officer dragged him back down. The rest of the older brothers, including my grandfather, didn't even have a chance and were carted off.

Brother Terry ran one direction towards his home, Brothers Marcus and Chris ran in the direction of their homes, and Brother Matt and myself ran in another direction. I don't know what happened to the others.

Upon arriving home, Brother Matt, my wife, and I grabbed my Bible's (all thirty-two translations!)and Society publications and threw them in the back of my car. I had Brother Matt get my grandmother while my wife and I loaded up other essentials.

After my grandmother got a few things, we drove in the direction of Brother Matt's house (which I've never seen), a few miles away.

Upon arriving at his house (it was his house in the dream but in real life is the house of his in-laws), we sealed up my Bible's and publications and buried them in the back in the woods. After that, we decided to split up.

Brother Matt, his wife, his sister-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, mother and father, were going to be in one group, while my wife and grandmother drove about a mile to the house of some other sisters.

After hugs and goodbyes, we drove to the house of Brother and Sister Mike and Brenda. Sister Brenda was the only one there, Brother Mike hadn't made it home from work yet. We got her and drove to the house of Sister Lorraine, Sister Christina, and Sister Maribel. We watched the short video which started out with the words, "This video was specially prepared to aid mature brothers and sisters through the coming weeks, months, or years of the Great Tribulation. Unfortunately, the Bible is quiet on this subject and so this video cannot answer every situation that comes up. Please review it carefully and prayerfully."

After the video, we opened the book. Under the inside title cover it said, "We pray that you opened this book after viewing the included video. This was the first test of the Great Tribulation that would test loyalty to Jehovah." I cannot recall the contents of the video or book.

After immediately completely video, the doorbell rang. Sister Lorraine opened the door and a young police officer stepped in. The rest of us were out of his point-of-view.

"Hello," he said, "are you miss Lorraine ______?"

"Yes."

"We have on our records that you were affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses."

"Correct."

"Earlier today, we broke up an illegal meeting of leaders in the local Jehovah's Witness congregation."

"What?! Was anyone hurt?"

"No. We apprehended seven older men as well as two younger men. We suspect that there were more then that but many got away."

"Well, good!"

"Have you spoken to any of them? Perhaps a Mr. Terry ______, Mr. Shawn ______, Mr. Matt ______,..." His voice trailed off in my dream.

"If I had, I wouldn't divulge that information."

"Miss ______, I am obligated to search your house, I ask politely but can detain you and search it."

Sister Lorraine sighed, defeated, and stepped out of the way. The young police officer walked in and saw all of us sitting in the living room. He then turned off his walkie-talkie and said, "My grandmother was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and always told me that religion would be banned, signaling the start of the Great Tribulation. I never believed her until now. What can I do?"

I cannot remember the ensuing conversation but we did rip out a couple of pages of the Psalms, Isaiah, and John for him and watched as he folded them and hid them in his shoe. He said that the house of Miss Lorraine ______ was clean and left.

After he closed the door, we heard a knock at the back. Sister Maribel looked out and then opened it. Brother Mike stepped in. He told us that he drove by his own house and saw police officers at the door and decided to come here. We let him watch the video and read the booklet...

-------------------------

At this point, my dog woke me up sneezing. After falling back to sleep, the dream continued, the events taking place later in the day. I will continue it later.