Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 10 Favorite Kingdom Songs

*These are not in any particular order, they are just my favorite Kingdom Melodies*


1. Song #4-God's Promise of Paradise
Luke 23:43: "And he said to him: 'Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.'

2. Song #13-Christian Dedication
Exodus 39:30: "Finally they made the shining plate, the holy sign of dedication, out of pure gold and inscribed upon it an inscription with the engravings of a seal: 'Holiness belongs to Jehovah.'"

3. Song #74-Jehovah, Provider of Escape
Psalm 18:1-2: "I shall have affection for you, O Jehovah my strength. Jehovah is my crag and my stronghold and the Provider of escape for me. My God is my rock. I shall take refuge in him, my shield and my horn of salvation, my secure height."

4. Song #87-The Lord's Evening Meal
1 Corinthians 11:23-26: "For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: 'This means my body which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.' He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: 'This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives."

5. Song #168-Recognizing Earth's New King
Psalm 2:12: "Kiss the son, that He may not become incensed and you may not perish from the way, for his anger flares up easily. Happy are all those taking refuge in him."

6. Song #171-A Victory Song
Exodus 15:1: "At that time Moses and the sons of Israel proceeded to sing this song to Jehovah and to say the following: 'Let me sing to Jehovah, for he has become highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has pitched into the sea.'"

7. Song #180-God's Own Book--A Treasure
Proverbs 2:1: "My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself."

8. Song #187-All Things Made New
Revelation 21:4: "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

9. Song #205-Christ Our Exemplar
1 Peter 2:21: "In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving you a model for you to follow his steps closely."

10. Song #212-We Thank You, Jehovah
1 Thessalonians 5:18: "In connection with everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in union with Christ Jesus respecting you."