Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Did Not Want to Go to the Meeting

I remembered, though, Paul's admonition continue to "consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near" and so I went. (Hebrews 10:24-25) Afterwards, I couldn't be happier that I made that decision.

The talk was entitled, "Lovers of Pleasures or Lovers of God?" based off of 2 Timothy 3:1, 4 by a visiting brother. The talk was very good, I really enjoyed it. The article in The Watchtower about Jesus Christ based off of John 14:6, "I am the Way and the Truth and Life. No one comes to the Father except through me" was very nice and interesting. We had our bound volumes and WT CD-ROM's come in and I personally approached the brothers and sisters to give them their copies, instead of having them come to us.

I found that after the meeting, I was so happy and in good-spirits. Jehovah's holy spirit really works wonders, does it not? And I know that Jesus, as head of the congregation, was with us as we worshiped. (Matthew 18:20) I thank Jehovah God through Jesus Christ my Lord for all of the things He has done for us and the spiritual food He has provided for us!